Trying to eat a more plant-based diet?
This vegetation recipe can easily be converted to vegan and will easily satisfy your meat-loving friends and family.
My kids are not the most adventurous eaters. It’s often hard to incorporate plant-based recipes into their diet unless it looks exactly like the meat version. But the Chickpea Quesadillas were a huge hit! For the adults we served it with a side salad, for the kids, we added a cooked vegetable that they will tolerate.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 TB. minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 4 tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese per serving
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream per serving
- 3 tablespoons of salsa per serving
- Heat diced onion with oil in a pan until translucent.
- Chop garbanzo beans in a food processor until mushy but not puréed if you do not have a food processor use a potato masher and a large bowl.
- Add beans to onions in a pan on medium heat and stir consistently.
- Add remaining spices to the bean mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve in a tortilla with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese per serving. Top with sour cream and salsa, and enjoy!